They're BACK!!

In the past few months, two of my favorite food products were recalled, one due to reports of botulism, the other salmonella.
Castleberry's hot dog chili sauce really makes fat free turkey dogs better. However, the re-introduced product isn't as good as it was before the botulism scare. Perhaps its like when you make chili at home, its always better the next time you eat it. The stuff on the shelves might need more time to let the flavors come together and age. Or maybe its the new label. I grew fond of the turquoise blue one, it stood out on the shelf, the new one blends in too much.
Peter Pan Honey Honey Roasted Chunky Peanut Butter is back on the shelves too and thank goodness the clean up of the Sylvester plant didn't change their flavor profile. The only problem with that product is that its too good! You peanut butter fans out there know what I'm talking about!

5 Comments:
At 1:14 PM,
Len said…
I eat PB&J for lunch almost every day and never heard of this honey roasted peanut kind. I will try it.
At 3:57 PM,
Suzy Neal said…
To quote Fred, its the Bomb Diggity!! And made in Sylvester, GA to boot!
At 4:02 PM,
Ashley said…
I'm thrilled to know that the honey Peter Pan is back. PB hasn't been the same in its absence!
At 4:41 PM,
Betsy said…
Hey, speaking of missing food products... What's up with Gardenburger? I don't see their products in stores up here anymore. Is this a Michigan problem, or are other people having a hard time finding Riblets, too?
At 11:34 AM,
Unknown said…
Soy product space on the shelf of Publix is getting edged out by other frozen foods! Its hit or miss what they will have. The only place that used to consistently have Gardenburger products is the dreaded Wal-Mart. Its a chore to go there, but I may have to make a special trip to stock up on the ones that Publix doesn't have!
Boca has a new tomato mozzarella bruchetta burger that is excellent and either 70 or 90 calories. The new mushroom one, however, is ick!
Post a Comment
<< Home