Pushing Up Daisy

Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Bicycle Machismo

Last year Superman and I started riding bikes on Monday/Wednesday with Batgirl. Other riders would come and go, but we were consistently there those nights, so we consider that "our" ride. As the year progressed, the rides became faster as everyones' skills improved together. It was a good time. Now there is a group of men who aren't fast enough to ride Tuesday/Thursday that have shown up the past few weeks and when they come out, its to try and show out.

We have Kumar, Little Hitler, CandyMan & Bermuda Triangle, these Nuts will later be referred to as the Squirrels. Wooly was in attendance, as was TireMan, back on his bike after a year long break. We picked up Old School Coach along the way and he wanted to know why our pace was slower then the Squirrels.

Monday's ride was to be a recovery ride for the SuperHeros, as we had been up at Brasstown Bald for the Tour de Georgia and our legs were aching and needing to spin easier gears for recovery. Going out into the headwind, we opted to let the Squirrels go and dropped back off to ride easy.

The Squirrels kept looking back over their shoulders, unbelievably not knocking each other down as much as they were looking back. After we crossed the highway onto Winifred, the wind was in our favor, so we opted to kick up the pace. Well, lil Hitler was pissed and sprinted up to Superman to demand what he was doing, and his smooth reply was, I'm riding my bike, man! We kept our pace as the wind dictated and at the county line, Lil Hitler really showed US something as he sprinted across the line.

On Gillionville, it was a nice steady and strong pace, as the wind was favorable there too. After a nice long pull, Superman had nothing to prove, so he opted to save himself for the 6 hour race upcoming this Saturday and didn't jump for the mailbox. However, family pride demanded I step up, so I did win the sprint at 35 mph, even though Superman heard Lil Hitler telling Bermuda Triangle HE had won the sprint at 32 mph. HOW that was possible when I was first over the line and Wooly next, I do not know.

Superman said I need to let it go, but if you know me, you know I am not one to let things go!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home