Strawberry fields forever

Saturday I went and picked strawberries out in Worth county. It was beautiful weather, so I put the top down on the sports car and headed out. Here is a bucket full of goodness for only $ 1.50/lb.
Later that afternoon, I loaded Joe up in the X5 and met Ashley and Kelsey on the RiverWalk. He was a little afraid to be the only one going, but he and Kelsey both jumped for joy at the sight of each other. There were a lot of people on the trail, some of the kids were excited to see the dogs and the only snakes we saw were tiny green garter snakes. A group of kids on bikes proclaimed them as "some big ass dogs"!
Joe made it to the section of the trail where the extension to Cox Landing comes in, and since he was looking worn out, we turned around. He was moving awfully slow, so I was a little worried I might have to load his "big ass" up into the X5. Luckily, Joe's fear of being left behind gave him the strength to jump into the back with no problem! The new X5 has a 2 part tail gate, so I actually had to hold him back from leaping in until I had both parts open!

1 Comments:
At 5:22 PM,
Betsy said…
Those berries look awesome! That's another way to save on groceries -- go pick your own.
We also have "big ass dogs". Clyde is proud of Joe for jumping up into the X5, he would have been too tired for that. Plus he knows his entourage would help him out.
Post a Comment
<< Home