Let's cut out the bull
I got a little bent out of shape at lunch today.
The young assistant manager at Quizno's is married with two small children at home and her husband doesn't work. Every time we eat when she's there, she had complains about being tired, her husband not working, and not having any money. Today she tells me at the register she's pregnant again. I was like, OH, congrats! What I am really thinking is, ring up my sandwich, give me my drink cup and oh yeah, you are REALLY stupid! She's then goes on to talk about how she isn't happy about it and was put out when her MIL told her maybe God would take care of it (she had miscarriages before).
I said, well, if its meant to be, it will happen, just take care of yourself. Then she tells me she hasn't been to the doctor yet, she had to apply for Medicaid first! This, of course, didn't sit well with me, so I said, you work, why should you get Medicaid???? Well, because we don't have any money and we just moved and my husband isn't working, and birth control pills were making me suicidial and now I can't get promoted to store manager.
All I wanted was a sandwich, I didn't need a side order of stupidity.
The government needs to tell people, look, you get pregnant, YOU figure out how to pay for it yourself, its not the job of the tax payers to pay for your medical expenses. But, wait, maybe it IS the job of the tax payers to take care of these people, because looking up information about Medicaid, 20 percent of Georgia residents receive Medicaid benefits.
The young assistant manager at Quizno's is married with two small children at home and her husband doesn't work. Every time we eat when she's there, she had complains about being tired, her husband not working, and not having any money. Today she tells me at the register she's pregnant again. I was like, OH, congrats! What I am really thinking is, ring up my sandwich, give me my drink cup and oh yeah, you are REALLY stupid! She's then goes on to talk about how she isn't happy about it and was put out when her MIL told her maybe God would take care of it (she had miscarriages before).
I said, well, if its meant to be, it will happen, just take care of yourself. Then she tells me she hasn't been to the doctor yet, she had to apply for Medicaid first! This, of course, didn't sit well with me, so I said, you work, why should you get Medicaid???? Well, because we don't have any money and we just moved and my husband isn't working, and birth control pills were making me suicidial and now I can't get promoted to store manager.
All I wanted was a sandwich, I didn't need a side order of stupidity.
The government needs to tell people, look, you get pregnant, YOU figure out how to pay for it yourself, its not the job of the tax payers to pay for your medical expenses. But, wait, maybe it IS the job of the tax payers to take care of these people, because looking up information about Medicaid, 20 percent of Georgia residents receive Medicaid benefits.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home